Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Taking the Challenge......

We are taking the challenge to blog every day for the month of December.  Now for many of those who have followed this blog in the past you will know this will be easier said than done for me, but I will do my best.  Hopefully by the end of the month you will all feel your time reading has been worth it.

For the past few days I've been decorating our house for the holidays, hubby carried everything up from storage, considering I only have one hand free these days, the dog-gone cane really makes it hard to carry anything, this has been a huge accomplishment.
Our tree is positioned in front of one of my quilts from my Minnesota series, the quilt is done in a bargello style and embellished with photo's from the headwaters of the Mississippi River, my grandmothers' crocheted doilies and many of her clear glass buttons.  The tree is decorated with Santas collected over many, many years, no two are the same. 
This year I decided to try and divert attention from the window blinds by hanging a wreath at each set of windows.  Next year I swear these blinds (dust collectors that I cannot easily clean) are leaving....but for now I'll deal.  Simple and quick was the name of the game since I was running out of steam, they took on a southern flair with a paper magnolia blossom and cotton boles.
Here is a peak at what I've been stocking up on.....you got it "wool"....after making "Pocket Potpourri by Heart to Hand" I plan on creating more things combining wool, our hand-dyed osnaburg and cheesecloth.  I found all the hand stitching absolutely relaxing.

 But.....someone else seems to be very interested in my stash.....he actually had his nose buried in the piles when I yelled....whoops....caught.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: