Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Holiday Distractions.....

Somehow at this time of the year I can be distracted so easily, jingle keys in front of me and I'm like one of the pups, I am in the car.  After running errands and a quick lunch, we returned home to hang some garlands and mix some dye concentrate.  Somehow work does sneak in every now and then.  What I didn't get a chance to do is machine quilt the remainder of the Christmas tree quilt.  So I will show a few peaks at our holiday decorating.
Kristin made this little pillow from our hand-dyed burlap including the poinsettias, which were created by stiffening the burlap and sending through a die cut machine.  It looks very nice in one of the chairs we refinished and upholstered in our hand-dyed linen fabric for our booth at fall International Quilt Market...I don't think I can part with the chairs for a little while they look so good in our family room.
These are just a quick peak at the corners of the mantle...love cedar garland and the way it drapes.  I found the patriotic Santa at a craft fair several years ago, just couldn't resist as I collect Santa's.  As I mentioned before our tree is decorated with Santa ornaments no two are alike, here is a quick peak at a few.




Did you spot the shell, corn cob, tomato pincushion, or old industrial thread spool?

We'll see what tomorrow brings....




No comments: