Thursday, November 28, 2013

Turkey Day...Welllll......

Yes, yes I know it is turkey day, but since we celebrated with family last Sunday I changed up the menu....we had Lasagne today.  Last year my grandson declared his great-uncle's turkey better than Grandma's (and I wholeheartedly agreed) so...since he cooked again last Sunday and we all enjoyed his efforts (he has been informed that he is officially the Turkey Day cook from here on out), I decided NOT to waste my time with all that kitchen fuss.  The plan was to photograph the pan of  Lasagne and post the pic here, but we all raced to the kitchen when the timer went off, eating our fill and freezing the leftovers for the busy weeks to come.  Must say I feel totally stress free, very unusual for a holiday.

Figured I'd show you what I have achieved since Tuesday, I can actually use the table and find stuff.....
See even my sewing assistant has plenty of room, he's even dressed for the holiday season....

Look what I found sorting through all those piles, old greeting cards that I meant to turn into gift tags....so since I didn't need to spend the entire day in the kitchen I had time to use Sissix Vagabond die cutting machine and a Fiskar tag punch to be "green".


Ahhh!  What a wonderful day....easy to feel thankful.

No comments: