Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nice To Be Home, BUT.....

Okay, yes we are home, but I haven't accomplished much in the way of creating cause I needed to clean up just a bit.  Seems like we have been on the road/run all year, SO we had been opening the door to the mixed media studio and shoving whatever into it.  I did not even dare to take a picture of it before sorting it was that bad.  Now it looks almost as good as the day photos were taken for Cloth.Paper.Scissors Studios magazine...almost.
Even managed to straighten up the "stash"....not bad.  Love the new little cart from IKEA, it is such a nice pop of color, so sturdy and it isn't full...hmmmmm, this could present a problem.
 A few beads to the left, some artwork on the shelves, some ribbon and paper to the right....ahhhh makes my heart beat a little bit faster and my fingers itch.....BUT alas I need to tackle the sewing studio.  This room will not look like this for too long I fear....
See what I mean....got a new chest of drawers at IKEA too, much better than that leaning tower of plastic that was there before and it's not completely full either.....me thinks thats a good thing in this case from the looks of the surfaces around this room.

I will not be putting this little guy away anywhere but he may need to share the space better with my machines....
                                                       
 Last week this end of the room was actually clean, but.....I found many, many, many things that belonged in here in the other studio space...
 My goal is to be able to work this week on a couple of things.....like this seascape I started using water soluble stabilizer, it really needs to get needle felted and some more layers before washing away the stabilizers and beginning some stitching which is what I'm dying to do with it.  This will probably be my "year long Road project" so stop by our booth to check on it's progress during 2014.
 Also need to get into this pile of burlap and make some Christmas decorations before next weekend when I "start" to decorate....
However I am being distracted by the wonderful spicy smells coming from the kitchen...Kristin is busy baking for our Thanksgiving with extended family today...she should be relieved I did not include her in these pics.....these pumpkin-butterscotch cookies of hers are to die for.
 
 Can hardly wait to taste this loaf...it's a recipe from The Chew, Michael Symon's M&M's Pumpkin Bread....it smells divine!
We are going to try to do a blog post every Tuesday and Thursday....I should have waited and made this a New Year's Resolution, hey maybe this means I'll actually follow through with it if it's not officially a resolution.  Come by on Tuesday and I hope to have some progress to report on one of my projects....hmmmm which to do first????

No comments: