Saturday, August 12, 2017

Back To Work, Means Gearing Up For Fall.....

The weather this week has not been cooperating with our efforts to prepare for the fall shows, guild lectures and classes....but we out foxed it by opening up the drying area to other spaces in order for the air conditioning and fans to assist us.   Results have been very effective 13 bolts of Osnaburg so far that have been dyed, dryed and ironed, there are still still 7 bolts washing out, 6 bolts drying (and a few odd sized pieces).  I'd say that is pretty doggone good.  Now add to that 1100 skeins of Perle Cotton and 1200 yards of Rayon Seam Binding. 

 Pieces to create Bindles in the foreground, with bolts to the back.....

 They look so pretty once they are twisted.....
 This pile makes me want to stitch.....
A basket full of newly created Bindles, needed to fill these empty shelves.....
We still have Linen bolts, Cheesecloth, Burlap, more Perle Cotton, Organdy, Silk Throwsters, Cocoons and  Carrier Rods.  I'm sure I have left something out, but I think you can get a picture of what we are looking at.

Tomorrow we are not doing a single thing related to "work", I'm hoping to get a few minutes gardening around home.  Oh how I'd like time to play too....but I will take what I can get.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: