Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sweet Summer Days......

The sweet days of summer are fully upon us and it is time to retreat to my childhood refuge for a week....
 
We are headed to my favorite place, a place that is so dear to my heart that it will draw me back for the rest of my life.  This is where I spent much of my childhood,  in turn I took my children there as often as I could during their childhood and where I now take my grandson.  They in turn have come to love this special place as much as I do....the second year my grandson returned, he ran from the car to the dock, where he breathed in deeply and said; "oh it is so good to be back".  Out of the mouth of babes....

My grandparents built here when I was but a infant, I grew up surrounded by family all around the lake and I can feel all those people watching as we come together here.  Siblings, husbands, in laws, cousins, children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren; and I know my grandparents are there with us reveling in the fact that we are all coming together in this special place.

In this day and age of technology it is surprising we all pretty much embrace being "unplugged", that we choose to spend this time with a sketchy internet connection and phone service "for some of us" is available without bouncing off a tower in Canada....this is my way of letting you know another blog will probably not appear for a week or so....

Thank you for stopping by and we will return, recharged and ready for another year!

No comments: