Thursday, April 20, 2017

Paducah, Kentucky; Artist in Residency.......

We arrived in Paducah on April 9th, unloaded both vehicles and collapsed.
From that day on we have been busy....seeing friends, eating at our favorite restaurants...oh and discovering more....and stitching, stitching, stitching.  My hubby even joined us for Easter weekend/Our 45th Wedding Anniversary.  As we did last year we went off around the countryside to explore.  Normal outing when traveling around like this is to stop and poke around the local antique shops.

Somehow Kristin managed to find something she couldn't live without and it found it's way into our car....
Returning to our stitching....here are a few photos of what we have done so far...the pieces below are for sale and hanging in the front gallery.
                         "In the Distance I" is $150.00 (11"by18")
 
 "Bayou I" is $75.00 (7"by12")

 
"In the Distance II" is $50.00 (6"by11")
 

"Waters Edge" is $100.00 (12"by16")  This is a pillow created from one of our stacked landscapes and hand-dyed burlap in Cobalt.

There are more but my fingers are itching to be stitching on my latest piece....I will post more I promise.

If you are in the area or are coming to Paducah for AQS quilt week we will be open Tuesday through Friday, April 25th thru April 28th stop on by.  You can find us at 621 Madison Street in Lower Town.

No comments: