Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day #4 AEDM

So as I'm sure you've realized there was no art yesterday! We attended the funeral of a fellow shop owner/friend yesterday and I don't think either one of us felt like doing much after that. I knitted a few rows on the scarf but nothing noticeable.


Today author Kate Jacobs, who wrote The Friday Night Knitting Club series, spoke at Georgia Center for the Book in Decatur. She is promoting her third book of the series that just came out yesterday. I talked a friend of mine into going with me to hear her. I thought it was going to be more of a knitting event. There were people knitting but there were far more people just there to hear her speak. She talked a lot about how she got started writing, her creation of the characters, and how she got into knitting. She is a very funny and insightful individual. Here she is in the middle of her talk.


This is my friend Ndidi who is currently mad at me for encouraging her to knit a baby sweater on size 3 needles!! This is her first sweater and she's doing great. She just feels she's moving at a snail's pace. Size 3 needles will do that to you!

Here's the scarf as it currently stands. I'll probably work a little more on it tonight.

Tomorrow I've got planned out a mixed-media canvas to do and I'll finally get that pic of mom's quilt she's piecing.


No comments: