Saturday, November 1, 2008

Houston Full Day #2 Happy Halloween

Hi guys.....another day is done and boy was today as fun as expected. I told you Halloween and quilters were quite the mix. This year we did not dress up but here's who I found that did......

Pokey Bolton - Flower Power
Jane Davila

Barbara Delaney - Dorothy and her dog Toto


Judy Coates Perez with her awesome apron!!


Things towards the end of the day were not as hopping as we would have liked so I sneaked over to Make It University and dropped my name in the bucket. I got called so I got to take a collage class with Liz Kettle. I have never before done a transfered image. I've printed pics on fabric but never done the transparency transfer so that was interesting. Also learned about Leslie Riley's new product TAP. Coolest thing about that is that you can machine wash it. Hopefully will be able to get our hands on that soon. I enjoyed getting a chance to take a class.....much different than teaching it. Don't know if I'll leave this piece the way it is at the moment or if I'll do more decorative stitching on it. I think it needs a little more whether that's beads or embroidery I don't quite know yet so will have to wait and see.



These four little pieces mom worked on throughout the day. This is some of our hand-painted lutradur, hand-dyed cheesecloth and batting along with decorative stitching. She really enjoyed herself while working on these and it allowed customers to see how it can be used. All of these items aren't up on the website yet but will be going up during the first 2 weeks after we return. We have so much fun stuff to add to the website it's not even funny.










No comments: