Thursday, October 30, 2008

Houston Preview Night

Well guys am I brilliant......I took photos and then left the camera in the booth instead of bringing it back to the room for posting!!! Oh well, will have to show those tomorrow.

We finished set up at about 3 and had 2 hours to wait for them to open the doors for Preview Night. We sat and read, knit, and chatted our way through. Then the doors opened and people poured through. It was a little slow during their Private Preview time of 5-7 but then once the opened it to Public Preview it started to fill up. Definitely not the number of people that today will bring but quite a number. Make It University got off to a great start with classes by Pokey Bolton and Jane Davila. Lets just say the nice white tables that are in the classroom aren't so nice and white anymore!! Their only going to get more decorated as we go.

It has been so much fun to see all the people coming through and putting faces with names. Once again here's some of the superstars we've seen again this year......Jane Davila, Judy Coates Perez, Frances Holliday Alford, Jamie Fingal, Lesley Riley, Christine Adams, Robbi Joy Eklow, and last but definitely not least Maggie Winfield. Maggie- Hope the tiara for this year is great....wish we could see it at the QA reception but alas we have to work right through it :(

Today being the first full day will only bring more names out and about so should be a lot of fun. We plan on having a lot of fun and laughing (yes, Pokey we will be laughing.....and you can direct people to our booth by our laughs) so that the day speeds by. Yup....you guessed it we've already been told we're having too much fun and laughing too much!! Sound familiar?

Alright I better get off the computer now so that I can finish getting ready. I'm trying to distract myself so that I don't think about the fact that I've got to jump in and do a MIU class at 1:30 today. Talk about nervous.......25 people and then all the ones that come up around the edges......OH MY!!! I think I can, I think I can....... Talk to you guys tonight/tomorrow morning.....if I make it.

1 comment:

Heidi Miracle-McMahill said...

sounds like so much fun!!! hope our MIU class goes well!! I'm sure it will!! I'm living vicariously through your blog and pretending I am there. I HAVE got to find a way to make it next year. I feel like I'm missing so much!! Take lots of photos! See you when you get back in town!