Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yet another play day.....

Since yesterday was Labor Day we took the opportunity to play. Here's what we came up with.....

I spent the day with the machine. I made this tote out of some fabric I found at Ikea and then some simple black fabric. This pattern was one from Quilts and more Fall 2008. It looked bigger in the picture so was surprised at how tiny it is. Guess I've gotten too used to carrying Amy Butler's Birdie Sling bag. Needed one that was more fall like though!!


I also made this bird out of the same magazine. It just looked too cute and I had to try it. This was a simple project to complete and I think it turned out great. Although if you look closely the bird looks like she might have fallen out of the nest as a baby and hit her head!! Lol......have to work on a more smooth curve!


Mom spent the day fighting with this. Don't know quite yet where she is going with this so will have to wait and see. We just kept laughing about the mummy she was making as she was stitching on it. Now she's working on giving her flesh. Hopefully today she gets a little further with her.




No comments: