Monday, September 18, 2017

Wondering What My Neighbors Think......

Over the 40 plus years that I have quilted and created using a variety of fibers I have done many of this outdoors where my neighbors have had full view of what I am up to.  For example, once I stretched out white fabric in my front yard, taken a bucket of dye, a broom, dyeing the fabric by flicking dye on it with the broom.  The cars passing frequently slowed, stopped and wondered "aloud" what on earth I was doing.  Another time I was discharging fabrics on the driveway, once rinsed they were thrown over the holly bushes along the driveway to dry.  The grandson of my neighbor pulled her down the street, shouting with glee...."look Christmas trees".  I have new neighbors so today this is what they were viewing while sitting on their deck.

These luscious bits of ric rac, vintage laces, doilies and linens greeted them as they enjoyed the late afternoon.  Pretty eye candy...I hope they enjoyed the riot of colors.  So far they have not asked what on earth we are doing....

Thanks for stopping by...its been a long day...good night.

No comments: