Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Too Many Choices! What Will I Do?

     I do believe that my darling daughter/partner threw me to the wolves (well maybe I should say the silkworms) this week in the newsletter when she said I would be posting about my projects using our new hand-dyed products.  Since she is out of town this week she has no idea just how much trouble I could be getting into.  However I've had a bit of a bump in the road due to our new puppy being spayed yesterday....she is not feeling very good today....hopefully tomorrow will be better.  In the mean time I have found myself with too many choices...what to do, what to do?

                  

 Have you noticed that you gravitate to the same colors over and over again?  Well...after putting together some possiblities I am wondering whether to stretch myself or stay in my comfort zone.  I can envision the above combination working up into a wonderful seascape and as my darling daughter/partner tells everyone in the guild lectures we do....Mom just loves making seascapes! OR  Create some sort of floral piece using the combination below that is so far out of my comfort zone that I just might develop a rash......but it is really yummy.



 The more I fondled these new products the more I found them gathering in piles all over the studio....oh the colors, the wonderful feel of the silk items...degummed throwsters waste is my favorite to run through my "itchy fingers" as someone I know calls them...the more my mind wandered.  Can you imagine a southwestern landscape at sunset out of combination below?   However I guess that would be within my comfort zone as a previous post would show that, I have been working in those colors of late, but......


 another floral piece could be done from the combination below.....I could just leave all these "artfully" arranged till....


I really want to dig into these lucious fibers. The moment the "kiwi" colorway of our hand-dyed burlap came out of the dye pot I envisioned playing with it... a rough draft of what I saw is already on paper.  I love embroidering on burlap...the piece will be 12"x12".  I will post as I stitch....

                       

but, don't you just hate it when you hear that little voice...the one of common sense and resposibility raise it's ugly head.   I know I need to contain my "itchy fingers" and make up another class sample for one of our upcoming classes, "Leaving Your Fingerprints on the Page" in South Carolina.  I also should really make up all the kits for the classes and then I will be free to PLAY.  Dog gone the voice of common sense...I'd much rather play!  How about you?

No comments: