Saturday, December 6, 2008

Now that a month has passed......

Well now that more than a month has passed I guess I should say something. We are now fully out of our retail location. This past week has been spent running around getting everything in order for the business being in a new county. Let me tell you there are a lot of forms and people to contact. We are slowly but surely getting everything organized. There still seem to be a lot of boxes around.


As for everything else we are getting into......
There doesn't seem to be enough time to work on Christmas gifts but at some point mom needs to make a "horse quilt" for one of the kids in the family. We'll see how much gets done before the holiday. Her studio space looks insane at the moment with absolutely no room to work. She'll have to get enough energy up to straighten everything in order to find a place to start working.

As for me....One door closes and another door opens almost literally. In the final weeks that we were open an interior designer came by the shop asking questions about knitting. As it all worked out she's opening a boutique in Sandy Springs and she wanted hand knit items for sale. Talk about a dream job!! I'm getting paid to knit. Her first order was for 8 items and when I showed her the first completed items she ordered 4 more. As soon as I get a chance I'll take a photograph of what I've been working on and post it.

Now that my guild held their holiday party I'll post the photo of my completed challenge quilt. I really like how it turned out. Didn't win anything but that's alright.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: