Sunday, March 15, 2009

YIPPPEEEE

I'm so excited. As I was walking out the door last night I saw an envelope on the top of the mail addressed to me but in my handwriting. I did a double take wondering what in the heck it was. Totally forgetting that I applied for something and that I had to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with the application. I mean that was back in November!!! Since I hadn't heard anything I figured I didn't get accepted and thought well maybe next year........

Well the envelope contained a very cool letter. Writing to congratulate me on being awarded a scholarship to Quilt Surface Design Symposium in Columbus, OH this June!!!! I'm bouncing off the walls as I so want to take a class with Noriko Endo. Now I'm going to get that opportunity!!! Lol.....I guess it helps that we are scheduled to vend at the NQA show in Columbus June 18-20 so now we'll just go a couple of days early so I can take the class. Yipppeeee.......I didn't figure I had much of a chance to get selected but wow what a great treat!!!!

Just goes to show sometimes you just have to try for things no matter how far out they seem.

No comments: